Subject: Re: Ellis Island - NJ side to get facelift
Date: Jul 25, 2003 @ 09:48
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

sounds like our border exhortation is already having an effect
since the existence of the fence is the greatest inhibitor of the
demarcation
& once that comes down & the entire island is opened up
there will be no reason for the national park service not to show
the boundary
& every reason to specially celebrate it

indeed the nps has created quite a nice shrine for kytnva
at cumberland gap
& the idmtwy boundaries are as well marked within yellowstone
as they are outside it
etc etc

so could federal commemoration of the shortest state line in
america be far behind

well
it will take 10 years of fund raising etc etc

but there is all the time in the world

& funny that cnn thinks the island has 2 sides for the 2 states
rather than the doughnut hole it actually enjoys

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Asher Samuels
<asher972@y...> wrote:
> Sounds good to me.
>
> Maybe the facelift will also allow access to the western part of
the island
> (where Mike and I couldn't reach because it was fenced off last
time).

> Asher
> --- Brendan <pit.hokie@a...> wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/TRAVEL/07/24/ellis.island.ap/index.ht