Subject: Re: A Trifinium By Any Other Name...
Date: Jul 21, 2003 @ 13:56
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

bravo my doppelganger

thats a truly great idea

& the more latin the merrier

latinizing as much as possible
or at least as much as convenient
is probably the most universal gesture one can make under the
present circumstances

& i am pretty sure they would have said quintifinium if they had to

but my sense of the language isnt clear enough to predict
whether they would have said sextifinium or sexifinium

octafinium or octofinium or octifinium etc

but they probably never had to count past 4 or 5 of these things
so maybe thats why i cant sniff it out of the language

a nice bonus too is that the gthnsv tripoint er
i mean the trifinium of el salvador guatemala & honduras
is still called trifinio to this day

& yes most other languages have a word or several for this too

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, spookymike@a...