Subject: Re: voronoi message 4657 twenty months later
Date: Jul 18, 2003 @ 11:47
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

yikes
we were not the first to wonder & not the first to try
but it looks like we may have used better data & tech
& gotten a slightly better answer
http://www.virtualtourist.com/f/p/1ae5/?r=f22f

more exhilarating yet
heres a prepackaged answer to the farthest from land question
http://geography.about.com/library/faq/blqzfarfromland.htm
no muss no fuss
albeit approximate & of unknown veracity
but with this head start toward the most probably correct ballpark
it seems to me we could nail this one a lot more punctiliously

& what another delightful surprise to find the worlds seaward
extremity more extreme than its landward one

finally an unexpected bonus bell & attribution of significance
http://www.rmcrob.com/archives/00000250.html

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "acroorca2002"
<orc@o...> wrote:
> --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Grant Hutchison"
> <granthutchison@b...> wrote:
> > Michael:
> earth
> > from the sea
> >
> > > wouldnt anyone besides me like to know what these very
> particular 2
> > points are
> > >
> > > or even just like to try for them
> >
> > Me, I'd like to know. But I don't have a good approach that
> doesn't
> > involve trial and error on a massive scale.
> >
> > Grant
>
> so after trial & error on a truly massive scale
> i believe i may at least have found the farthest point on earth
from
> the sea
> tho the farthest point on earth from land remains anyones
guess