Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] San Diego / Tijuana border radio story
Date: Jul 18, 2003 @ 02:13
Author: Lowell G. McManus ("Lowell G. McManus" <mcmanus71496@...>)

The Federal Communications Commission has long been one of the most totalitarian
of US federal agencies. I'm one patriotic American who would argue that it is
none of the FCC's business who broadcasts beyond the Mexican boundary. I hope
Clear Channel takes the FCC to court, and I wish the company every success.

In some remote parts of Texas, if it wasn't for Mexican television stations,
there wouldn't be any TV at all. Mexican radio and TV stations along the border
typically serve their entire international communities. I have heard paid
political advertising by Texas politicians in English on Mexican radio stations
along the border. Why? Because that's the only local radio in the market!

Lowell G. McManus
Leesville, Louisiana, USA