Subject: Re: Ellis Island - Fort Gibson
Date: Jul 14, 2003 @ 13:51
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

while they arent exactly on the state line
as the fortification was slightly inland from the original shoreline
nevertheless pinning these 2 corner points of the old fort to the
1857 map
along with a third point on liberty island also clearly depicted on it
& also still extant
is what made it possible to triangulate for all 182 turnpoints of
the reconstructed boundary

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Asher Samuels