Subject: Re: mxus for xmus
Date: Jul 02, 2003 @ 00:56
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

well it is definitely july everywhere on earth now including bp
& a careful review of our message board & june totals reveals
that we did not in fact succeed in breaking the old bp record of
530 messages in a single month established 2 years ago

however i am exceedingly pleased to be able to report that
jespers message 10787 sent this morning from denmark did
indeed just barely manage to tie the old record
as it whizzed past our official new cuyama scoreboard en route
to yahoo headquarters in silicon valley late last night

oldtimers may recall this from messages 5181 & 5186 attached

following are the snaps from the photo finish there

targeted try at original record set in june 2001
0006 month
2001 year
0530 messages
2537 grand total

arrow splitting bulls eye in june 2003
0006 month
2003 year
0528 messages
2537 grand total

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "ps1966nl"
<smaardijk@y...> wrote:
> m donner wrote:
> best sign so far read
> new cuyama california
> population 562
> elevation 2150
> founded 1951
> total 4663
>
> As can be seen here: http://www.a1pro.net/~kb6dj/Cusign.jpg
>
> Peter S.

so congratulations to all but particularly jesper for this multi
punctilious accomplishment
falling as it also did precisely on the anniversary of the original

the tie setting message 10787 itself tho still puzzles me

you may recall the original question to which it replied was about
property tax on lots divided by borders

& when jesper replied in it that your bedroom in dk determines
where you live
as does your front door in baarle
it was unclear to me whether he meant this as a response to the
question about taxation specifically
or was just off on another associative frolic

for if these bedrooms & doors are indeed the sole means of
determining which jurisdiction gets paid all the property taxes
then it is indeed remarkable
because what is normally taxed by property tax is the actual real
estate situated within each jurisdiction
rather than the door or bedroom or people etc etc

& such real estate is normally measured & evaluated & taxed
separately by each jurisdiction
as if it were 2 adjacent parcels each in a different place

i can imagine a front door or master bedroom etc being the
basis of taxation in some other ways but hardly as the sole
determinant of the real estate tax load & jurisdiction

so i wonder if we could have a clarification on that point
as i find it rather hard to believe as an answer
however delightful as a non sequitur

& about the question jesper himself also raised in this reply
regarding the situation at derby line
i am similarly puzzled that there is even any question
for i dont see why the tax split would be any different there
or anywhere else in the world for that matter

so arent we again only talking apples & oranges here

at the same time
even allowing for any degree of misunderstanding or none at all
johns utterly hilarious idea of building a house with its front door
& bedroom in just the right arrangement to avoid the taxes
entirely deserves a special commendation from our accounting
department in new cuyama