Subject: Re: Message to the IWBC about bridge monuments
Date: Jul 01, 2003 @ 11:26
Author: L. A. Nadybal ("L. A. Nadybal" <lnadybal@...>)

Lowell,

"No sweat" about the "competition" issue. Your good questions saved
me a trip and a dose of disappointment. Once I'd found that the rep
was in the State Bldg (that mortals can't get into) and that the rep
was the only one there, I would have had to register failure with the
group.

It reminds me of one time in 1994 I had a complaint about Japan
Airlines misapplying fares to undercut US carriers. I found that the
"fares effective subject to government approval" claim that one often
sees on airline advertising is a farce - there's only one government
employee that deals with fare approvals and violations. He said,
point blank, fare violations are the small fish - nobody would follow
up on it and I'd never get an answer.

LN

>Therefore, I have sent them the
> question below. This is not meant to compete with Mr. Nadybal's
proposed
> inquiry at Washington, but the IWBC's presence there is only a "Special
> Assistant" who is housed within the State Department's Office of Mexican
> Affairs. Perhaps he's thinking of a different agency, the International
> Boundary Commission (US Section), which has its headquarters in
Washington, but