Subject: Re: And another Austrian tripoint
Date: Jun 30, 2003 @ 22:29
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

thanx peter
& this ones a beauty for being so ugly
indeed the first such outstanding austrian example i can recall

& let me also congratulate & promote your growing convention of
alphabetizing the secondary diglyphs only after following &
repeating the primary pattern
rather than independently of it
since this has the advantage of giving extra clues to any puzzled
reader

for if we know you are deliberately saying atsi2bustpm rather
than atsi2bupmst
you automatically distribute for us to their respective countries
most or all the naturally less familiar secondary code elements
thus greatly helping our recognition &or search
so i think this method an admirable madness
tho only recently discovered by me

it means i might have to rename some old friends tho

not that that was ever a problem

but i wonder what you really or anyone else thinks about this
as i consider changing this habit of mine in your honor
since it may well be objectively preferable
or a better & more natural design

however i continue to think & feel after long comparison &
reflection that writing such odd letters in caps makes them
harder to read
& easier to mistake for incoherent shouting or ham call letters
& thus more daunting to anyone who tries to pronounce them
even as fluency in & with them remains most of the point &
advantage of using them at all

but again i know you & others have tried them both ways
so here again i wonder what you all think about this if anything

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Smaardijk"
<smaardijk@y...> wrote:
> ATSI2BUSTPM a.k.a. Maria-Theresienstein:
> Austria (Burgenland, Styria) - Slovenia (Pomurska)
> Also on pre-WW-I ATHU, and in 1919-1921 it was the tripoint
ATHUYU.