Subject: Re: Interprovincial municipality, ABSK
Date: Jun 25, 2003 @ 23:35
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

& would either of you believe akwesasne nyonqc
& more specifically its capital city saint regis nyqc

& btw this is easily the most interesting spot on caus imho
tho ridiculously underreported here

but 2 or 3 tristate nations also occur completely within the usa
tho these latter i cant imagine you accepting or believing
even tho i do

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "acroorca2002"
<orc@o...> wrote:
> hahahaha
> well he asked for an interjurisdictional municipality
> & i only meant to ask him if he would accept one
>

> --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Flynn, Kevin"
> <flynnk@r...> wrote:
> > I presume you're talking about NYC, which I don't think fits his
> question.
> > While five different counties make up the city, county
functions
> are all
> > derived from NY state. I think he's looking for municipal
entities
> that
> > cross state/provincial boundaries.

ABSK

> > would you accept a quinticounty city
> >
> > --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Lowell G.
McManus"
> > <mcmanus71496@m...> wrote:
> > > As a new member I'm glad I checked the group archives
> before
> > I posted this. I
> > > see that you have discussed Lloydminster, ABSK, as
recently
> > as May.
> > >
> > > For a week beginning this Saturday, Lloydminster will be
> > celebrating the
> > > centennial of its settlement in 1903. That was two years
> before
> > the provinces
> > > of Saskatchewan and Alberta were created out of the
> > Northwest Territories in
> > > 1905, so they had no idea that they would become a
> boundary
> > city.
> > >
> > > The unique thing about Lloydminster is that the two
separate
> > municipalities were
> > > "amalgamated" into one by Orders in Council passed
jointly