Subject: more ado about zero
Date: Jun 25, 2003 @ 03:20
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

another caus monument 0 occurs near hyder alaska
in fact at the corresponding point of beginning on dry causn
as you can see here
http://www.internationalboundarycommission.org/coordinates/S
ECT-P-83.txt

& this monument 0 likewise appears to be an afterthought
since it isnt shown on its topo
http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?z=9&n=6197090&e=435952
&s=50
but has to be imagined a few hundred feet east of monument 1
also probably just above the high tide line

& there are other monuments zero & avenues zero etc too
elsewhere
if you like collecting them

& more time wasting is definitely requested below too
per your promises & request

> As I didn't want to waste time, I decided not to take photos of
the all
> new elements of this part of the border. But I definitely will at a
> later date.

> If you would like to see them all, let me know and I can
> post them on my website.

> Above: These are the remains of the old marker #0. It is
> located closer to the water -- perhaps 25 feet. Apparently
> stormy seas and daily tides ruined the marker.
> The concrete base has turned on its side, so the top is facing
> west. There was a post, but it is long gone.

here it seems you have practically backed into the elusive
bccawaw tripoint already & without even getting your socks wet

& if you havent already tried or chanced to do so
or if you would care to waste the time of facing due west from
this ruin some time
& photographing the beach just there
at the lowest tide you can or would
& posting the result of that
i am sure it would be well appreciated by the beepeers at least
however imaginary & pointless it may seem to the plain rockers
&or the miscellaneous border debris lovers
& i for one would definitely travel to your site for that if you prefer

> Above: A little goodie from the IBC. "E-U" stands for
Etats-Unis,
> which is French for United States. As Canada is officially
bilingual,
> the pin had to show both official languages. A nice treat!

> If you've got questions, ask away!

is this a lapel pin or one of the new monuments you mentioned

& keep on tromping loeil in any case

a waste is a terrible thing to mind