Subject: Re: last of the St Martin pics
Date: Jun 24, 2003 @ 01:08
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Dallen Timothy
<dtimothy@a...> wrote:
> This might work finally--Somehow I got kicked off
BoundaryPoint. I didn't
> think I misbehaved quite that badly.

wow congrats
this is practically impossible to do

but more to the point
welcome back & nice follow thru

& i too am not sure anyone knows
but we still havent tapped the local or the national governments
nor the 128 volume worldwide border treaty bible brendan once
mentioned
& the name of which i forget
but i believe that these must be the next & last places to look
& that it will be well worth continuing the chase to its end
even if st martin hadnt been the patron of borders

> Dallen
>
> Computer problems holding me back again.
> Here are four more St Martin pics.
> 1) This is at the eastern end of Oyster Bay. This is what could
be a
> boundary marker, a boundary reference marker, or something
else! I think it
> is represented on the topos with that small triangular point.
This little
> peninsula is Dutch and the one across the water is French.
> 2) Here it is from another angle looking at Oyster Bay. In the
middle right
> of the picture you can see a brown bar/restaurant overhanging
the water.
> This is the one that lies on the border with perhaps the
shortest
> international bridge.
> 3) Here's the international bridge. Again, it appears that the
shoreline
> marks the border, so as you enter the bar, you're on the French
side, but
> within a few inches you enter the Dutch side. The old 1:50000
seem to show
> this, but the one Chris turned us on to does not.
> 4) Here's the change in pavement at the border just west of
Oyster Bay. The
> blue sign simply says Philipsburg right, Dawn Beach left.
There's not