Subject: mdvawv & Re: Hancok, MD
Date: Jun 17, 2003 @ 13:16
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

tom
when did you visit the mdvawv area
& did you find any tristate marker there

i ask because many of us have sought this presumably
unmonumented & usually submerged tripoint over long years

but there is now reason to believe it has recently been
demarcated for the first time

so it is a high premium point at the moment

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Tom Sanders
<hilversum96@y...> wrote:

> I've been on that short stretch of US 340 in Virginia. There's a
gas station between the Potomac River bridge, where the road
crosses from MD to VA, and the WV border. I remember stopping
there to fill up. Until I returned a couple years later, I used that
quick visit to add VA to my list of states visited. In this respect, I
added an extra visit to TN after stopping at the VA-KY-TN tripoint
near Cumberland Gap.

> Also stopped in Hancock, although I remember that part of
MD/PA more for great car radio reception. New York City and
Detroit can both be heard, thought faintly, in the daytime. And,
with patience, both DC and Pittsburgh FM come in. What a spot,
for road, radio, AND border buffs, :)