Subject: Re: Canada - Jamaica
Date: Jun 13, 2003 @ 17:44
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

a specifically canadian try for jamaica per se i never heard of
so given this level of expertise
maybe i should just shut up on principle
but
there were proposals of yankee annexation of jamaica & other
west indian islands in the 19th century
& therefore in principle why not canadian tries too
all of which however soon hit a common stone wall when it was
realized that none of these so recently emancipated black
colonials would easily accept a new & unknown overlay of
domination by whites

& in the event
tho many islands tried & were tried
only cafe con leche colored puerto rico could sustain this new
white overlay til the much darker danish virgins managed to sit
still for it too
tho by then it was already 1917 etc

by the late 1980s however
when the canuckies last quit trying to annex the turkies & cakeys
it was the canadian fear of being overwhelmed by blacks that put
the kibosh on that deal

so it should be interesting to see what happens in 2003
now that our color blinders are beginning to fall off

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Doug Murray