Subject: Re: Further to DC-VA -another correction
Date: Jun 11, 2003 @ 13:03
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

good of you to at least begin to correct yourself len

& so in a nutshell
what is left now that is right & intentional
or better yet
if you would prefer a fresh start
what if anything are you continuing to prompt us to study here

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "L. A. Nadybal"
<lnadybal@c...> wrote:
> This para.: Also, a little north of Gravelyu Point just south of
Ladfy
> Bird Johnson park, there are loops on Hwy 395 forming
access ramps
> that are on "added land that weren't there when the border was
named
> to be along the shore - this part was added and the added part
didn't
> cause the border to change - it is still Virginia.
>
> It is still DC (not Virginia) - where the water used to be was DC
and
> even after having adding land to accommodate the ramps, the
area
> stayed as DC territory.
>
> LN

> --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "L. A. Nadybal"
<lnadybal@c...>
> wrote:
> > To continue my prompt to study the map for more short
sections of
> > highways that dip into Virigina, see also the section at
Graveley
> > Point (southern end of the map) where there is an inlet to a
bird
> > sanctuary - it's unclear how far the District shoreline extends
into
> > the channel leading to the santuary lake, but part of this road
might
> > well be in DC at this point, too.
> >
> > Also, a little north of Gravelyu Point just south of Ladfy Bird
> > Johnson park, there are loops on Hwy 395 forming access
ramps that are
> > on "added land that weren't there when the border was
named to be
> > along the shore - this part was added and the added part
didn't cause
> > the border to change - it is still Virginia.
> >
> > Lastly, a technical correction, the overpass I mentioned in my
last
> > message west of Roosevelt Island is not part of 66, but part
of the
> > George Washington Memorial Parkway that parallels 66 at
this point.
> > The parkway is an unnumbered federal highway under the
jurisdiction of
> > the Park Service. It starts on the northern section of the
beltway
> > the encircles the District of Columbia, and parallels the
Potomac