Subject: Re: Slicing up CO justalilbit
Date: Jun 10, 2003 @ 23:46
Author: m donner ("m donner" <maxivan82@...>)

>From: Craig <trehala@...>
>To: m donner <maxivan82@...>
>Subject: Slicing up CO justalilbit
>Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 16:52:37 -0700 (PDT)
>
>Hi m
>
>What is this about Connecticut being intersected just
>a weeeee bit? I would like some more information
>please. I love the maps and comments, and would like
>to know how you won these bets! I want to get in on
>the money-making action too.

well it was just that some people so doubted my assertions of what i knew to
be a secret fact that when they challenged me to a wager over it they were
practically giving me their beer money etc outright

all i had to do was accept their proffered handshake & show them a map

but this westernmost tip of connecticut has lost its anonymity since the
welcome signs were added there around 1990
so you wont be able to get in on the action there any more

however
all you need to do is find any outrageous secret fact for yourself
& claim it provocatively enough for someone to offer
in effect
to pay you to prove it

or you can even be quite innocent about it

for example
in anchorage during the 60s an acquaintance once presented me with his heavy
gauge shotgun just exactly this way
after challenging my assertion that we were closer to tokyo than to chicago
i think it was
a fact which i had just been amazed to discover for myself that week
& was really only telling him about it in order to boast that i had just
hitchhiked more than halfway to tokyo in under 5 days

in fact it occurs to me
you may even have the makings for such a secret fact in your own possession
right now in the form of that extremely detailed st pierre area map you were
telling us about at bp
which might conceivably prove a far more amazing secret fact than either of
the above
namely
that there is a freakin maritime boundary somewhere on the planet that
actually crosses dry land

& if your map wont prove it
i still believe one could find a map that will

but thats just for starters

the world is full of stuff nobody would believe

regards

ps
i trust you wont mind if i share this out loud

your questions deserve a wider audience anyway