Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: particular mexican spots
Date: Jun 05, 2003 @ 20:06
Author: John Seeliger ("John Seeliger" <jseelige@aaahawk.com>)

From: "acroorca2002" <orc@orcoast.com>
To: <BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2003 4:33 PM
Subject: [BoundaryPoint] Re: particular mexican spots

> john
> welcome back & well
done

> > > even just an ordinary domestic state line
marker
> > > anywhere within that country
> > > would be
totally novel

> > > if you travel by car between
monterrey & saltillo
> > > at about the halfway point you will
have a crack at mx2conu
> > > the coahuila & nuevo leon state
line
> > > where there might conceivably be a road stone waiting for
> you
> > > but we simply have no clue yet as to what to
expect there
> > > or on any state line within mexico
> >
> > Would you believe a white sign with black letters that
says:

> > "Termina Taumulipas Principia Nuevo
Leon"

> ahh yes i would
> but between monterrey &
laredo rather than saltillo
> which i gather must be what you
meant

Yeah.  You said "any state line".  I was too busy within Mty to venture out to Saltillo, though I considered it.

> & it jogs deja vus of others
i may have seen elsewhere long ago
> without realizing their significance
at the time

> but even so
> & even if its no nonsense
simplicity wasnt already convincing
> i think the apparent absence of a
road stone or any other obvious
> marker there in such a critical
location probably means this sign
> itself is the interstate boundary
demarcation
> & possibly the closest thing there is to a real state
line marker
> anywhere in mexico
> since its placement & style
do make it seem federal or mutual
> particularly in relation to the
partisan nuevo leon welcome sign

> so this does indeed appear to
be the first sighting of its kind ever
> reported here
> which
alone is a most exciting event
> even without the promised pic
>

> > Then a green sign that says "Bienvenidos a Nuevo
Leon"?

> > I didn't have my camera ready the first time,
so I had to stop on
> the way
> > back and take the other pic
first, then cross the median take
> the one going other way , run way
down, to take the "Bienvenidos
> a Nuevo Leon" one.
> >
> > I didn't see a road stone.
> >

> > > if you get the chance to reconnoiter a little farther afield tho
> > > about 100km south of saltillo there may be a truly great prize
> > > the probably difficult to impossible mx2conusaza
> > > or
the legendary mexican 4corners point
> > > where the states of san
luis potosi & zacatecas are believed
> > > meet the
above pair
> > the Museo de Metropolitiano Monterrey, next to the HoJo
had a
> map showing these four states.  An old map, there are not
show
> as touching.  I think NL was cut off from SLP, but I might be
> misremembering.
>
> or it could just be typically
fuzzy mexican mapping

I think the map in question was of aproximately the same period as the DoI of Mexico, so perhaps the state lines have changed.

> pending any harder evidence
tho
> i am still inclined to trust arifs call
> that this hoped for
conusaza quadripoint is very probably all there

> but the
question is
> will it be marked

That is a good question which I hadn't thought of.  Might get to the right spot and not even know it.

> > I have not yet
developed the photos from the NL-TM border or
> the ones I took on the
International Bridge Walkway in Laredo.  I
> was told I could not
take pictures in the US direction, but I had
> taken a few three days
earlier from the CIETV where you get
> permits in Mexico.
>
> aha interesting
> clearly you could take them
> & all
the green across the middle of the pic must be the rio valley

> >  I will send in a day or two.
>
> great

thanx
I will send one more of the US-Mexico border photos and will try to finish up the roll that has the TANL photos on.
International Bridge I, walkway and road, seen west of CIETV

I will also try to get these scanned on something without a watermark.