Subject: tiny divided islands like nose
Date: May 21, 2003 @ 11:07
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

right
how about these again too

they arent shortest entire border line candidates
such as do occur at baarle & cooch behar
but they are shortest dry segment of a border candidates
had it not been for the inevitability of finding some vanishingly
small & sure winners right there or somewhere else in the world
just as they are being overrun by a flood or tide
which will of course trump all such candidacies
& end the contest in a multiple tie at zero

similarly they arent entire shortest landlubber border candidates
such as do occur at penon de velez de la gomera & gibraltar
but they also would have been shortest landlubber segment of a
border candidates had it not also been for the same inevitability

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Jesper Nielsen"
<jesniel@i...> wrote:
> How about tiny divided islands like NOSE?
>
> http://users.erols.com/jcalder/DIVIDEDV1.htm
>
> Jesper

morocco &
> spain at penon de velez de la gomera
> worlds shortest international dry boundary
> & have even made plans to dig it up & reduce it to the
vanishing
> point at high tide
> just for the fun of it
>
> however the esmo border there presumably already
continues
> out to sea delimiting miles of territorial waters in both
directions

> so the border there is only the landlubbers shortest rather
than
> the actual shortest border in the world
>

> the search for the actual shortest tho has led me to baarle
>
> happily it appears to be another tossup between 2 candidates
> both looking in this case like about 220 meters
>
> these can be seen in
> http://ontology.buffalo.edu/smith//baarle/baarlemap.html
> as the irregular pink polygon at upper left near the name
loveren
> & the white quadrilateral 2 scrolls down between k12 & k13
>
> so my questions are
> can anyone give more exact border lengths for these 2 claves
> or possibly better yet
> can anyone find a shorter international border anywhere else
>

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Service.