Subject: Re: DENJ
Date: May 13, 2003 @ 11:53
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Smaardijk"
<kroc@i...> wrote:
> > I found the page:

http://www.verenigdestatenvanamerika.com/images/delaware_
map.gif
> > Where are seen two Delaware enclaves on right bank of
Delaware Bay.
> > Is it true?
>
> Yes.
>
> The northern part:

http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?z=18&n=4385259&e=45122
5&s=50

> The southern part:

http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?z=18&n=4372326&e=45356
2&s=25

> Peter S.

if topozone is still out to lunch when you read this
i can vouch you are both absolutely right
as well as complete on left bank delaware

in fact i actually used to own a piece of this latter & larger tongue

it is also called killcohook national wildlife refuge & is frequented
only by birdshot
but delaware once erected a large & elaborate perfectly
gratuitous brown wooden welcome to delaware sign there
which btw said only entering new jersey & much more quietly so
on the opposite side
& evidently the local nj underdogs didnt laugh too hard at that
but blasted the entire word delaware out of the sign
leaving it only to read
welcome to
& just a big ragged splintered hole

i know because it must have just happened on the day of my visit
for when i examined the heap of sawdust & wood fragments on
the ground
there was my shot ravaged souvenir
of the war
which read simply
delawar

top shelf in the trophy room of the great bp museum in the sky
right up there with the ksmook cup i would say

& it is probably still in my old attic in lakeville
inadvertently abandoned but not forgotten