Subject: Re: Shortest broken part of a shared state boundary
Date: May 11, 2003 @ 04:37
Author: L. A. Nadybal ("L. A. Nadybal" <lnadybal@...>)

Maybe there's no answer to this for a very different reason than
fractal infinity.... on the Mississipi, there are many dozends of
stretches where the boundary is federally, offically "undetermined"...
and some maps I've got, show little stretches, looking like no more
than 100 yards or so, where a line is a "determined" border based on
the line style used, but "surrounded" on both ends by undetermined
stretches marked as such and with another line style used.

I guess we need an agreement on terms to include or exclude these
kinds of places and situations.

LN