Subject: RE: [BoundaryPoint] Re: American State Boundaries
Date: May 09, 2003 @ 17:18
Author: Flynn, Kevin ("Flynn, Kevin" <flynnk@...>)

My comments were not off topic given the thread. I didn't begin it; I only
commented on an ongoing thread. The quesiton originally was what is the
longest common boundary shared by two states. That's no tripointing, except
that this longest boundary would begin and end at tripoints. So the "off
point and offbeat" nature isn't my contribution.

And again I reject your notion that a natural boundary is of infinite
length, or that high water lines of a 10-mile river are of infinite length,
for any practical purpose. They are measured all the time. It's
theoretically fun to discuss -- like Pinto's discussion with the professor
after they all got stoned in Animal House -- but at some point, we actually
measure these things.

One useful purpose for the data: You're a fence installer and need to know
how much to buy.