Subject: Re: some nice links - and an internat. quadruplet-point !
Date: Jan 24, 2003 @ 18:01
Author: Craig <trehala@yahoo.com> ("Craig <trehala@...>" <trehala@...>)

Hi BoundaryPointers

I am fascinated by all the archived messages, and I love
spending hours all day and night reading them. If I may
contribute something to this old topic about the alleged African
quadruplet-point (I haven't gone through /all/ the 8000+
messages to see if this comment has been made yet):

I recall reading in the Guinness Book of World Records, back
when it was a book worth reading, that the authors wrote
(paraphrasing) that the borders between Botswana, Namibia,
Zambia and Zimbabwe "merge".

In later editions, the wording changed to the borders "almost
merge".

Did Guinness determine the answer once and for all?

Thanks for all your private replies and welcomes.

Craig
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada

> Botswana-Namibia-Zambia-Zimbabwe near the town
of Kasane not far from the Victoria Falls...!? I could
kick myself in a certain place for not making any
> research when I visited Vic Falls 20 years ago...pity!
> A nice map can be seen at: www.mms-
spiess.ch/Bilder/Botswa1.jpg