Subject: Re: Cyprus
Date: Oct 18, 2002 @ 13:43
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "nfhodder" <lists@n...> wrote:
> --- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "acroorca2002" <orc@o...> wrote:
> > so far as we know
> > no one has ever visited or even tried to locate any of the 4 de
> > facto tripoints of cyprus
> > 2 of them being british & greek & united nations buffer zone
> > & the other 2 british & turkish & united nations buffer zone
> > all situated not far to the northeast of larnaca
>
> If someone could post the estimated GPS co-ordinates
(preferably in
> DD°MM'SS.S" format), I'll do my best to find the tripoints and
take
> photos.

wow nicholas
wonderful news even if you only try 1
as access may well be difficult or restricted

& since the best map i can find is the big cia chart at pcl
i hope someone can improve on these coords herebelow
which tho carefully hand cobbled & calculated
should probably be rounded back a little as it is
say to the nearest 5 seconds or so

yet this range may already be sufficient for homing in effectively

british greek unitednations west
nlat 35d01m07s x elong 33d41m58s
probably the easiest
being only about 15km ne of larnaca
& near a major road

british greek unitednations east
nlat 35d04m29s x elong 33d54m36s

british turkish unitednations west
nlat 35d02m23s x elong 33d40m37s

british turkish unitednations east
nlat 35d05m03s x elong 33d55m17s

from appearances
these latter two may be easier to access from famagusta

vis tecum