Subject: Re: re places with few to zero tripoints
Date: Apr 12, 2002 @ 22:41
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

new multipointing & etymological discoveries on montserrat & st kitts
nevis detailed below
with thanx again to this question

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "Anton Florian Zeilinger"
<anton_zeilinger@h...> wrote:
> Hello Mike,
>

> >From: "acroorca2002" <orc@o...>
> >& of course there are many places that have no official
subdivisions
> >at all
> >hence no internal boundaries no tripoints no nothing
>
> NO official subdivisions at all? But surely, municipalities would
count as
> official subdivisions, wouldn't they?
>
> The only place I could think of would be Vatican City State, which
is one
> municipality. I bet Singapore has some kind of borroughs or
something like
> that.
> Even Monaco consists of (I think) three municipalities: Monaco-
Ville, Monte
> Carlo, La Condamine.

anton
i just doublechecked the cia & found that they agree with the iso
standard cited by gwillem law in considering monaco undivided
yet they continue to consider montserrat divided into 3 parishes

so that dependency might yet prove to have a tripoint
by both the old & the new styles of subdividing it

also of interest btw
found ghauts nowhere else in the west indies but did find similar
things called ghuts all over the nearby islands of st kitts & nevis
if also nowhere else
so this is evidently a very localized outbreak of these terms or term
& no less mysterious for riddling 3 islands rather than only 1

but the best news is that the island of nevis is showing a distinct
quintiparish point on the cia map at perry castaneda
& tho its subdivisions arent recognized by iso they are recognized by
the cia factbook as well & thus could well have some basis in fact