Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Border picture on the money
Date: Jul 23, 2001 @ 21:50
Author: Harry ten Veen ("Harry ten Veen" <pa8km@...>)

> Has anybody an information on border pictures on other bank
> notes?

Not a border picture, but
the 10 DEM (Deutsche Mark/German Mark) from 1991 showing Carl Friedrich
Gauss, has on the back side a sextant (I assume) and a (very) little
map-drawing showing some trigonometry-lines between several places in
northern Germany. For example Langwarden, Jever and also the islands
Wangerooge and Neuwerk.

Some of you might know that Neuwerk in fact lays in a sort-of-enclave of
Hamburg. It is a stretch of sea, having two islands, Neuwerk and Scharhörn.
It can be found of the coast of Cuxhaven, which is Niedersachsen.

On the website of one of the BP-members is some more info:
http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/grenze/
on the Hamburg part of the sea:
http://members.tripodnet.nl/grenze/dlandhtm.htm
some photo's of a well known photographer ;-) can be found at:
http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/grenze/hamburginsel.htm

I didn't search for a picture of the banknote on the internet...

gl
Harry ten Veen