Subject: Re: Border picture on the money
Date: Jul 23, 2001 @ 20:18
Author: Peter Smaardijk ("Peter Smaardijk" <smaardijk@...>)

Some story! In Russia the sky was dark because it was evening!! ;-))

I know of problems caused by maps on stamps: The Irish Free State
issued stamps depicting a map of the island (without the
international boundary), which wasn't liked in London at the time.
And I vaguely remember a stamp of the Dominican Republic, which
showed a map of the island of Hispaniola, but with the Haitian-
Dominican rep. boundary in a quite more westerly position than in
reality. This was equally criticised by the neighbours.

Peter S.

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., andreslb2000@y... wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I have not mentioned earlier (of course due to my absent
mindedness)