Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: Really Arbitrary Points
Date: Jul 07, 2001 @ 21:24
Author: David Mark (David Mark <dmark@...>)

You may be right, vertical may be defined by an ellipsoid approximating
the geoid. I am sticking to my point that the degree of latitude varies
systematically, and is LARGER near the poles (latitude as solid
earth-center angle plus a polar-flattened earth would yield SHORTER
degrees near the pole. And if mid-way between pole and equator is defined
by distance, 45 latitude is not exactly the answer.

David