Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: Baarle Military Map
Date: Jun 26, 2001 @ 01:12
Author: Brendan Whyte ("Brendan Whyte" <brwhyte@...>)

I first saw the map scan three years ago, but I can't remember who sent it
to me. I believe the Belgian IGN was the IGM (Militaire, later National)
until perhaps the 1970s. as my 1972 edition is IGM, but 1988 edition is IGN.
Hence military map. With the northern enclaves missing, it is sheet 8/3-4
"Wortel-Weelde", 1:25 000. The current version is similar, but has correct
boundaries (the extra Dutch counter-clave is a mistake on the military map,
but the Dutch current 1:25k also has mistakes.
You should be able to buy a copy direct from IGN belgium (www.ign.be), or
any decent map shop. Stanfords in London, or any map shop in Europe will be
able to order one for you.
See the post I made listing maps of the European enclaves and where to buy
them.
You also need Belgian sheet 2/7-8 for the northern enclaves.

The Belgian sheets show only Belgium in colour, but show the boundaries of
the claves more nicely than the dutch maps, which show Belgium and Holland
in the same coloured style, but crosshatch the enclaves, without a line
along the boundaries.

Dutch 1:25000 sheets 50B Breda and 50G Baarle-Nassau cover the area.

www.tdn.nl
www.ign.be