Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: Really Abitrary Points
Date: Jun 22, 2001 @ 00:13
Author: Brendan Whyte ("Brendan Whyte" <brwhyte@...>)

I have a 1941 National Geographic map of the Indian Ocean which shown local
time zones in each country, not hours or half hour differences form
Greenwish, but often 5 minutes past the hour, or 20 to the hour.
With no international railroads in operation then, unlike the US,
standardisation had to await international airflights, post-WW2. I'm
guessing by 1950 things were standardised.
BW