Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] capital city info for Peter
Date: Jun 12, 2001 @ 15:22
Author: Jesper & Nicolette Nielsen ("Jesper & Nicolette Nielsen" <jesniel@...>)

South Africa is also a bit funny here, with three capitals:
Pretoria - Administrative Capital
Cape Town - Legislative Capital
Bloemfontein - Judicial Capital

While Pretoria been the prime capital, the Parliament is in Cape Town.

Johannesburg being the most important and largest city (perhaps also in Africa), is not a capital at all.

We were ealier disgussing that Denmark and Equatoral Guinea are the only countries with the capital not on the mainland. While Copenhagen is on the island Zeeland, the parliament is not on Zeeland, but on the tiny island Slotsholmen. That was also supposed to be home of the royal family, but since the castle burned down several times, they decided to stay in their temporary home.

Jesper