Subject: Maritime Boundaries
Date: Jun 02, 2001 @ 22:59
Author: Grant Hutchison ("Grant Hutchison" <granthutchison@...>)

Peter:

> Parece Vela is a joke (albeit a joke strenghtened by concrete). So
> much for the habitable principle.
You obviously know a fair amount about Okino Tori Shima / Parece
Vela - I've found it difficult to discover anything about the place.
What's the significance of the concrete?

Another odd thing about our favourite maritime boundary map
(http://www.maritimeboundaries.com) is the EEZ indicated around the
South Sandwich Islands - the southern extension of this looks to be
well past 60 degrees south, the latitude at which the Antarctic
Treaty kicks in. If all territorial claims are in abeyance, surely
the EEZ should cut of that boundary?

Grant