Subject: RE: [BoundaryPoint] Law and Order on the border (TV show)
Date: Jun 02, 2001 @ 22:22
Author: Dallen Timothy (Dallen Timothy <dtimothy@...>)

RE: [BoundaryPoint] Law and Order on the border (TV show)

Actually David, you're right.  There is a possibility of a US citizen losing citizenship if he/she serves in a foreign military.  This is done on a case by case basis and is not a general statement.  I believe this has to do with the Cold War, and people who serve in friendly/ally militaries having different treatment from those who serve in 'enemy' militaries.  Again, this is usually a warning that the State Department sends out, which doesn't apply in all cases.

Dallen