Subject: Re: Border signal
Date: May 28, 2001 @ 06:20
Author: Peter Smaardijk ("Peter Smaardijk" <smaardijk@...>)

I once heard that Swedish passengers traveling to Denmark were at one
time forced to buy a return ticket, because otherwise they would use
up all of their money in Denmark to get loaded, leaving the problem
of getting back to Sweden to the Swedish embassy in Copenhagen, and
the embassy was getting fed up with it. Is this a true story?

Peter S.

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "Jesper & Nicolette Nielsen"
<jesniel@i...> wrote:
> Just travelled the dkse border this weekend, a very wet one aprt
from the bridge. Anyway we were on the boat between Elsinore
(Helsingør) - Helsingborg.

> Strange shopping rules apply as you can only shop taxfree tobaco on
Swedish side and alcohol on Danish side.

> So in order to tell the passengers and staff when you sell what a
border signal is announced (two short beeps).