Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] New member says hi!
Date: May 25, 2001 @ 18:03
Author: Manfred Haertel (Manfred Haertel <Manfred.Haertel@...>)

michaelstride@... wrote:

> Gosh, I thought I was the only person interested in enclaves! (and
> exclaves)... I'm fascinated by those bits of countries that arn't
> where you expect. I know about the relatively obvious ones, Baarle
> Hertog etc, having lived in Belgium. But thanks for giving info on
> those German/Swiss oddities.
> At the risk of putting the 'cat amongst the pigeons' here are the
> scetchiest details I have on some other oddities I've heard about
> over the years. They might not exist, but I'd love to know if any of
> your experts know more.

Let me add the "Badischer Bahnhof" railway station in Basel, Switzerland
to the list of "strange enclaves". This is something like a German
railway station inside Switzerland (only a few kilometers behind the
border, but already inside the city of Basel). A lot of German trains
have their starting or end point there. If you leave the railway station
you have to go through the German/Swiss customs...

--
Manfred Härtel mailto:Manfred.Haertel@...
http://rz-home.de/mhaertel