Subject: Re: Is Cyprus Europe or Asia
Date: May 17, 2001 @ 20:35
Author: Peter Smaardijk ("Peter Smaardijk" <smaardijk@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "Harry ten Veen" <h.ten.veen@t...> wrote:
> According to the DXCC-list the entity Italy includes Pantelleria.
> Ceuta & Melilla (AF) is a separate entity. Likewise Spain (EU),
Belearic Is. (EU), Canary Is. (AF) are seperate entities.
> Alboran Is. and La Nube Is. belong to the entity Ceuta & Melilla.

Can you tell me where La Nube is? This is the first time I hear of
it, and I can't find it in my atlas.

> > And for Cyprus: Why not split it in three? The Greek part is
> > European, the Turkish part Asian, and the UK bases just plain UK.
>
> The Turkish occupation is not recognised.....

So is the UK being a continent. Still, there is a Turkish state on
Cyprus, for a quarter of a century if I'm not mistaken.

As for the UK, well, what can I say...

Peter S.