Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: Is Cyprus Europe or Asia
Date: May 17, 2001 @ 18:34
Author: Harry ten Veen ("Harry ten Veen" <h.ten.veen@...>)

Peter:

===
> > By the way Italy has some islands which are in AF: Isole di
> Pantelleria.
>
> In that case, Spain has some AF
parts, too (apart from the Canaries):
> Melilla, Ceuta and the small
stuff. And Alboran?
According to the DXCC-list the entity Italy includes Pantelleria.
Ceuta & Melilla (AF) is a separate entity. Likewise Spain (EU), Belearic Is. (EU), Canary Is. (AF) are seperate entities.
Alboran Is. and La Nube Is. belong to the entity Ceuta & Melilla.

===
> > Bolivia is SA but has NA islands (a.o. Baja Nuevo).
>
> You mean Columbia?

Oeps, yes indeed I ment Columbia. Baja Nuevo belongs to the entity Columbia.

===
> > Antarctica is divided into a SA (South America), AF and an OC part!
>
> Hmm, I beg to disagree. I think. Where are
those boundaries running
> then? Probably meridians. Why can't they make
Antarctica a separate
> continent?
The whole of Antarcita (mainland that is) is one entity; the boundary AF/OC is at 90 deg. east.
and OC/SA is at 120 deg. west.
And yes, after taking a closer look Antarctica is also called a continent.
I'am confused here.

===
> > AF/AS/OC not on the map, but I assume it is on the geographical
> South Pole.
I should have typed AF/SA/OC for this tripoint. sri.
Regarding the above, this tripoint couldn't exist; but others can!.

===
> And for Cyprus: Why not split it in three? The Greek part is
> European, the Turkish part Asian, and
the UK bases just plain UK.
The Turkish occupation is not recognised.....

Thats it for now.

gl
Harry ten Veen
(PA8KM, Maidenhead locator JO32BS)