Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Fly river
Date: May 01, 2001 @ 18:08
Author: michael donner (michael donner <m@...>)

>Thinking about the subject of straight borders, something that I have
>wondered about for a long time came up again. The island of New
>Guinea is divided by a pretty straight line. Almost straight, because
>there is the Fly river that forms the boundary between Indonesia and
>Papua New Guinea for some distance. In a book about our own little
>Dutch Siberia (nothing to boast about actually),

no problem pet

good for a dab of contrast value
& we love rehabilitating everything here

as it happens
my own life was once actually saved by devils island
i kid you not
in a terrible storm
on a leaky brazilian tub that next proceeded to sink in the mouth of the amazon

while i was hitching a ride on it across the fairly impossible north coast
of south america

but what fun then & now to be alive & well thanx to a reversed metaphor

ahh
slob my symbols