Subject: Re: dedelulun possibly even in plain view
Date: Apr 25, 2001 @ 08:06
Author: Peter Smaardijk ("Peter Smaardijk" <smaardijk@...>)

A most interesting map, Mats. Although it has nothing to do with the
condominia/Vianden boundary issue, it is the first time I see
evidence of the war repair claims of Luxembourg on Germany. I was
only aware of the Dutch claims (some of it was awarded in 1949 but
returned in 1963, like Elten and the Selfkant area), and French
claims, but now the Kammerwald creeps in as well.

Michael, this Kammerwald you came up with, a recreational forest as
it is called here, is probably an entirely different Kammerwald, as
it is on the web site of the land government of Schleswig-Holstein
(in the north of Germany). It is part, it says here, of the
municipality of Haffkrug-Scharbeutz, which I can find in my atlas
near the city of Luebeck.

The Kammerwald near Vianden is not occupied by Luxembourg (anymore?),
and the Vianden border detour definitely predates the 2nd world war.

Peter S.