Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: search for germany benelux river condos advances
Date: Apr 18, 2001 @ 22:18
Author: michael donner (michael donner <m@...>)

profuse thanxxx peter

this all feels great

& i agree about monuments 19 & 47
for now i can envision them marking dedelulu condo tripoints on the left
bank of the river & dam lake respectively
if i understand you correctly
& thus i would also expect them to have condo terminus mates on the
respective right banks more or less directly opposite
but the mates will in that case just be marking points on the delulu line
rather than tripoints

in other words no trilines around vianden as at befrlu & bedelu

also
while looking forward to your further comments on bedelu

considering the narrowness of the river condo there
& assuming it even persists that far upriver
which i do assume now based on your new info
& pending any more details
& considering also the shortness & interruptedness of the riverine sectors
of the bede boundary continuing up the ours from bedelu
i would venture to guess we will not find any bede river condos anywhere
but only a single linear bede boundary from bedelu to bedenl
& would douse the hope i once had of a bicondo quadripoint at bedelu

also
just to fully embrace the benelux try again
considering the shortness & interruptedness of the riverine sectors of the
denl boundary
i would also venture to guess a single linear boundary again in that case
except just possibly for a condo on the rhine sector

but beyond that
since you bring word now of a more pervasive river condo culture than might
be indicated by just the 2 or 4 positive finds you have made along the esfr
& delu frontiers
especially with the account of that wonderful sanctuary ferry custom
it seems worth staying alert now to the possibility of finding other
surviving river condos on other european boundaries than just these

ps
it seems almost a necessity that river condos keep moving with a changing
river
but a luxury & a rarity when simple riverine boundary lines do

i think vianden is odder for the boundary detour than the condo expansion

also
the 1263 breakthru by peter you mentioned was building since message 293
tho the companion suggestion in that message re atchde has probably been
busted by gideon
so this particular search you have so beautifully advanced again now is a
terrific survivor