Subject: Re: Dreilaenderspitze
Date: Apr 16, 2001 @ 21:12
Author: peter.smaardijk@and.com (peter.smaardijk@...)

There are more though, and we have them, we just don't know we do.

The Flemish-Walloon border touches the Netherlands three times: at
boundary markers 14 (on the n.e. edge of the municipality of Voeren),
in the middle of the river Meuse off boundary marker 45 (the
westernmost point of said municipality), and boundary marker 53 (the
s.e. point of 'main land' Flanders). All perfectly photographed by
Eef.

I just don't know how to call them. benl2.... what? The Dutch
province is Limburg. On the Belgian side, the Flemish province is
called Limburg, too. The Walloon one is Liège. But I think the
important thing here is not the Belgian provinces, but the Belgian
federal regions.

Of course there are three other ones, where the vlwa (Flemish-
Walloon) border touches the befr one: One at Risquons-Tout
(Mouscron), one near Wervik/Comines, and one near
Nieuwkerke/Armentières.

Peter S.

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., michael donner <m@d...> wrote:
> another reason to celebrate
> posted a few days ago from the bp website
> but evidently also not received
>
> this is our first unamerican binational tripoint
> & i would like to christen it atch2grtyvo
> at least in provisional cockabebbel
>
> i mean
> unless these countries use regular second order diglyphs
> in which case perhaps a truer name can already be found

> >A secundary (but spectacular) tripoint: Vorarlberg (at), Tyrol
(at), and
> >Graubuenden (ch).
> ><http://www.wu-
wien.ac.at/usr/h94/h9451038/pics/3laender/01_The_summit_of_the_D
> >reilaenderspitze.jpg>
> >http://www.wu-
wien.ac.at/usr/h94/h9451038/pics/3laender/01_The_summit_of_the_Dre
> >ilaenderspitze.jpg
> >
> >Peter S.
> >
> > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
>
><"http://rd.yahoo.com/M=168002.1377235.2965144.2/D=egroupmail/S=17001