Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: Northwest Angle 2 enclaves and map
Date: Apr 12, 2001 @ 14:37
Author: michael donner (michael donner <m@...>)

brian this news from you is both very fortunate & satisfying for me
& i believe also for us as a whole
since we all obviously place such a high value on diversity & individuality
& take such pride in our independence of thought & action

indeed it is fantastically sporting of you to strike such a difficult posture
& i salute both you & it
& david too
& whatever he says as well

>Unfortunately, the "federative" points thus produced are, to me, completely
>unsatisfying. And it appears they are unsatisfying to North American
>cartographers, regardless of nationality. In fact, I doubt that anyone has
>ever produced or seen an official or unofficial map showing Canadian
>provinces held together by federal Poli-Grip.

i know
i said the same thing myself 17k below here
but you have said it much better

still
keenly focussed on the actual literal truth of canadian law & reality
since we are talking here about actual points here arent we
no matter how crazy
rather than imaginary points
no matter how well rationalized

maps can at best only do their best to depict points anyway
but can never trump or replace the underlying pointmaking reality

so i come round to agreeing with you too
for why not also just emulate them & do our best as well
for now at least
while also keeping an eye out for truer truths
like peter king of kings

So, for now at least, I'll