Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] seemingly some real hrhurs news at last
Date: Oct 29, 2006 @ 22:26
Author: aletheia kallos (aletheia kallos <aletheiak@...>)

also
it appears from this admittedly funky looking map
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/ae/Krajina_ethnic_map.jpg
which comes from this possibly inaccurate article
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/ae/Krajina_ethnic_map.jpg
that the position of hrhurs may simply depend on
whether one accepts the reality of the political
integration of baranja with croatia in 1997

& while this 2004 united nations map doesnt directly
acknowledge it
oddly enough
http://www.un.org/Depts/Cartographic/map/profile/eastcroa.pdf
i get the impression that even if the fact may still
be deplored by serbia
its reality isnt actually disputed by anyone

which may well explain why some version of the
croatian version is so widely accepted
even if not necessarily always the same version of it

also
& again for whatever it may be worth
since this detail might only have been due to a slip
of the pen or of the mind anyway
the above baranja map shows the hrrs border deflecting
westward from the veliki canal just below the tripoint
& thus projects the tripoint slightly westward from
the canal too

also
the text of the treaty of trianon is no particular
help on the hungarian border either without the
proceedings or maps of the boundary commission it set
up

so we are still about equally in the dark regarding
all 3 convergents

all in all
a most peculiar void for the middle of europe

http://www.dur.ac.uk/resources/ibru/resources/borderlines/borderlines1.pdf

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.culture.discuss.boundary-point/9473