Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Fw: Crooks Corner
Date: Apr 01, 2001 @ 22:31
Author: michael donner (michael donner <m@...>)

> ----- Original Message ----- From: Mario Anthes To: Jesper &
>Nicolette Nielsen Sent: Sunday, April 01, 2001 9:33 PM Subject: Re:
>Crooks Corner Hello Jesper, You can use the picture for your web site,
>no problem. The right hand side of the river is South Africa, the left
>hand side is Zimbabwe. I think the part of Mocambique is not visible on
>this photo, sorry. Therefore we had to follow the river, which was not
>possible for us, because we couldn't leave our car in the Kruger National
>Park. Greetings, Mario

thats ok
we can spend the nite here & press on in the morning

if south africa is on the right & zimbabwe on the left
as mario says
then this is probably not the limpopo river yet
but rather the luvuvhu or pafuri aka fafuri
just before the confluence
& we are probably at the lookout point near the road
as you can see from your map in message 1971

the tripoint cant be much farther than those trees up there
the ones in the middle of the photo in message 1984

in fact if we are as close to tricountry country as mario indicates
& if the tripoint falls at the tee junction with the limpopo
as brownlie & the map indicate
then the target confluence might well be right there under those trees
& the tripoint in their midst or perhaps just right of center
most probably at or just below the thalweg junction

& 321 meters beyond that
or northeast from there
in thick scrub & reeds on sandy ground
there should also be a witness monument or 2 for confirmation