Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Tp Mocam-Zimb-S Afr
Date: Mar 31, 2001 @ 23:27
Author: michael donner (michael donner <m@...>)

ok
we must be closing in on this one now

as of message 1062 we were still under the impression that it was unmarked
or even under water

but now it seems there may well be a tripoint monument
or you may at least be picking up on a witness monument

http://www.parks-sa.co.za/knp/lebombotrail.htm shows pix of the area &
reports there is also a weekly caravan we can join in south africa that
will lead us to the tripoint

& i see there is a french site now too
also offering a guided tour from south africa

http://www.safariplanners.com/Game%20Reserves/ghonarezou.htm
from the zimbabwe side
was our previous best try
but i think you are right to switch now to the south african side

also cant tell for sure yet whether your link in message 1972 refers to the
more southerly or northerly of the swaziland tripoints
nor exactly where in the pix the point might be

but
again cribbing from message 1062
which suggests the northern twin is dry & the southern one wet
i would guess that what you have here is the northern one
& that it will be found on the ridge behind the village

in any case the report seems authentic enough
despite the rather stark changes of scenery
so i do think congrats are probably or very nearly in order