Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Ruesselsheim Boundary-Stone dated 1360
Date: Mar 28, 2001 @ 14:27
Author: michael donner (michael donner <m@...>)

thank you very much indeed wolfgang

& it is i who should apologize for the technical backwardness

these pix are absolutely staggering to see tho

exquisite rock

formerly i could only hope the 1375 st martin stone that was pulled out of
the esfr boundary in 1856 might also turn up in a museum
say somewhere in the pyrenees

but now why bother even hoping for that
since you have surpassed it by 15 years in any case

it seems the only imaginable remaining hope of going farther back into time
than you have already gone
unless you have some others up your sleeve
& would that you do
would be to learn the exact time period when the breintenstein megalith was
actually serving as an international boundary marker between alsace &
lorraine

initially this would not seem to depend so much on finding text evidence
tho that would be most wonderful
as on finding the simple historical data & maps from a historical atlas
both of which have so far also eluded me

but the 1360 is looking hard to beat in any case & well as gorgeous