Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: Ile de la Conference
Date: Mar 16, 2001 @ 21:10
Author: michael donner (michael donner <m@...>)

my guess is that the length of the piers or jetties per se will not affect
the position of the tripoint
which ought to fall in any case at the midpoint between their heads

also a check of the eurocity zoom map did indicate that they do both
project about 420 meters outward from the reconstructed bay shore
but that the irregularity of the shoreline makes them only seem out of step
with each other

also a roadway indicated there on the spanish one makes it seem more pierlike
& the absence of a roadway on the french one more jettylike
but nothing has really changed here as a result of any of this imo

nice pix both here & upstream a ways