Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] baarle monumentation
Date: Mar 14, 2001 @ 05:47
Author: michael donner (michael donner <m@...>)

brendan
please dont blame david or anyone for my persistent pursuit

i realize it may be offputting to some but i mean well
& am having a good time
& not at anyones expense

i know people have been living with approximations of these boundaries
& in a way folk boundaries may be more official than official ones
so in that sense the stake in the cornfield cant be improved upon

& i believe you when you say it is probably pretty accurate besides
especially as it felt & seemed fine to you

but still
since you also seem to be indicating that there are no intervisible
monuments available for chalk stringing or cross eyeballing the point
i would like to lay a very expensive gps receiver on that stake
& compare its experimentally determined position to your legally fixed coords
down to what was it hundredths or thousandths of a second
which frankly i missed the last time you gave them
because i didnt think they would be as necessary as i now realize they are
so perhaps you or someone can come up with them again

& in that way at least i will learn what part of the stake
which appears to be at least several inches square on top
this exceedingly rare & precious point is actually situated on

or perhaps the whole stake will prove to be a few inches off the mark

& i would just like to know & touch where the legal crossing point is
right down to the silly millimeter
just like that dimple on the schley taylor cross
which was 2 orders of magnitude less important
thats all

i realize you are coming from a different place than this
& i respect that too