Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Largest enclave
Date: Mar 11, 2001 @ 18:46
Author: michael donner (michael donner <m@...>)

you feast us on some delicious & mind altering questions here jesper

for first
in the case of equatorial guinea
tho far separated by the bight of biafra
the 2 dry instalments of this country are actually connected by a
continuous wet instalment so that i think david would say in this case
excuuse me but legally there really are no claves here

& second
unless you set some arbitrary but sensible rules
like the chunk with the national capital within it must be considered the
core entity or heartland & all other chunks are therefore the satellite
entities
regardless of relative sizes etc
then you can no longer even declare denmark the winner because of greenland
since denmark would then look like the exclave & greenland the heartland

but for now it seems greenland may fulfill your quest for largest clave
unless i am forgetting some other more pronounced case of size disparity