Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: Bidasoa-Txingudi
Date: Mar 07, 2001 @ 20:15
Author: michael donner (michael donner <m@...>)

peter this news & your reporting are both absolutely fantastic
& your hot pursuit here amply fulfills my fondest wish for our group
which has now truly become thanx in large measure to you a real time
global try pointing search & research tank

indeed it looks to me like we have actually created a perpetual motion
machine for the pursuit of happiness

i should probably wait to see the map
but my reading & rereading of your data so far plus my excitement lead me
to hazard the premature guess that there may actually be 2 distinct points
within the bay where the condo trijoins with both the french & the spanish
territorial waters
an inner one near the river mouth
possibly but not necessarily equidistant from the pierheads
& an outer one where the bay meets the ocean
again possibly at a point of equidistance from the respective coasts
the exact positions of both tripoints being possibly referred to in if not
actually determined by the terms of the 1959 treaty
which incidentally i was unable to access

cant help wondering also if this condo even tho all wet might not be the
first physical manifestation of a sovereign basque homeland

with highest regards

was also gratified to see your positive identification of the 1375 st
martin stone as number 262

which reminds me to ask you also
if you will indulge me another question
seeing as this is the oldest working international boundary monument i am
aware of
whether you have learned of any older ones along this line
as i think gideon biger implies it might be exceeded in antiquity by a
century or 2