Subject: RE: [BoundaryPoint] laorospo case closed at last with ps to peter s
Date: Feb 23, 2001 @ 15:41
Author: Michael Donner ("Michael Donner" <m@...>)
Prev    Post in Topic    Next
Prev    Post in Time    Next

okeechobee city

okee dokee  bill

we spent last evening & night by the port mayaca lock

& the lake was a sheet of glass

had we embarked then

the whole round trip would have taken no more than 2 hours

it would have been very dry tho

the typically outrageous sunset into the lake from there

fell exactly onto the quintipoint this time

leaving it under a very localized afterglow

i read the new epa director christine flew over the lake the day after you

pledging to restore it & the everglades to pristine condition

great idea if it does not affect the point or buoy tho

our itinerary is all scrambled now because i hit the previous 2 libraries without realizing what day of the week it was in either case & so found or imagined them closed

etc etc

but i plan to try dehahi & hahipo today at least

& hope to report some laffs or progress soon

ps to peter s

thanx also for the clarification

this exercise led me to surmise that there is probably another condominial tripoint just like these but with the wet & dry roles curiously reversed

situated just where the bede boundary & bede condo on the river ours diverge

somewhere downstream from bedelu

assuming there was a belgian continuation after 1839 of the original dutch prussian condo of 1815

btw

it also helped recall that only the dipunctitriline at defrlu straddles tripoints while the one at bedelu actually straddles quadripoints

again provided the above assumption is true

i sure hope someone can confirm or bust this notion

  that belgium succeeded to the dutch prussian condo just as luxembourg did

& simplify our life

seems logical but anything is possible