Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Cyprus
Date: Feb 09, 2001 @ 17:46
Author: Jesper & Nicolette Nielsen ("Jesper & Nicolette Nielsen" <jesniel@...>)

"Zoomable" map of Nicosia, Cyprus

http://www.traveltocyprus.com.cy/nicosia/
----- Original Message -----
From: Michael Donner
To: BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, February 09, 2001 4:16 PM

major thanx  rolf

& pleasantly surprised to have these firsthand accounts

so i guess it means there may be hope of actually finding markers for the turkish pair
  or more likely fence or wall trijunctions
but not necessarily any marks for the other pair
for which one might only hope to follow the boundary descriptions in treaties or other international documents
as if they were a multiple treasure map
until the blank spots are somehow diligently reached

now i wonder where those documents are

this may also explain why it was not possible to pinpoint the tripoints on jespers map
  i mean because it too emphasizes the bilateral more than the multilateral reality

big pine & toy deer again

saw an octopoint buck the other day no bigger than a large dog

i must need to take a break

>From: "Rolf Palmberg LI"
>Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Cyprus
>Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 08:49:33 +0200
>
>Hi everybody
>(especially Michael)
>
>There are no physical boundary markers btw
>Cypriot and British territories on Cyprus,
>neither for the Dhekelia nor Akrotiri SBAs.
>Five years ago I walked from the British
>beach east of Larnaca to Pyla on UN territory,
>but I couldn't tell when I crossed the "border".
>The borders btw UN and Turkish territories are
>(obviously!) very clearly marked indeed.
>
>Rolf

>From: "Michael Donner"
>Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 16:42:26

right  rolf

i have been pinning my hopes for the 4 de facto tripoints only on the strength of

http://www.lib.utexas.edu/Libs/PCL/Map_collection/europe/Cyprus.GIF

& am in the dark as usual regarding martins recent improvement here

  as well as wolfgangs upon moresnet

since i cant receive pdf format maps

i really wonder first if these are correct as depicted & also what they must look like on the ground